Glendenning Public School

Growing and Learning Together

Telephone02 9832 8555


Starting school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Enrolment documentation

For your appointment, if your child has not been previously enrolled in a NSW public school, you will need to bring these documents with you:

  • your child's birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).

It's important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.

Online Enrolments

Online Enrolment offers parents an online alternative to the 16-page, handwritten application form when applying to enrol their child in a NSW Government school. Please click on enrolment at the top of Glendenning Public School website.

Enrolment Interview

As part of the enrolment process, an interview will be completed with a member of the executive, usually the Early Stage One Assistant Principal. This interview helps the school gain further information, to best support your child and their needs. 

Related content